Friday, September 5, 2008

A Blessing for a Bouquet



This morning on my 2 mile walk I saw a blooming Sweet Peaby the side of the road.



I picked some of them for my mother in law Ida, it was in her wedding bouquet in 1940,
I thought it would bring her sweet memories.
I plucked a few Gerber daisies and some "Amish Weed" to add to it.
We call it that because we always see it on the
Amish farms but it is really called 'Snow on the Mountain'


We put it in a vase and set it on the table.
When I got out on the porch I heard her praying
"Dear Lord ,Bless Beth for the love she shows to me...guide her footsteps,strengthen her ..."
I said my own prayer thanking God for Ida ....
the woman who taught me how to pray.

1 comment:

Sam said...

I know this blog is almost a year old, but I must comment on how nice it was to read. :-)